Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
[FYI: Agape is greek for love :). In Christian theology agape is related to the love of God or Christ for mankind. This word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtful love.]
When you feel unloved, ponder the Cross.
If you are looking for a definition, don’t
look in the dictionary; look to Calvary.
In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10 (ESV)
Love that reaches up is adoration.
Love that reaches across is affection.
Love that reaches down is grace.
-Donald Grey Barnhouse
How Deep The Father’s Love For Us- Owl City (with lyrics)
Song written by Stuart Townend
|How deep the Father’s love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasureHow great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to gloryBehold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffersIt was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finishedI will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast inJesus Christ
His death and resurrectionWhy should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
-Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- A Personal Encounter with the Sermon on the Mount – Chapter 17 (Loving All People) (captivatedbychrist.org)
- Ambassadors of the Kingdom (sixtysixwitnesses.wordpress.com)
- Indescribable (lesrowe.wordpress.com)
- Deeper Still (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Dress up (jillcobb.wordpress.com)
- Thinking About Irresistible Grace (kevinnunez.org)
- “What do I love when I love my God?” (communicatingacrossboundariesblog.com)
- What We Have In Christ – Part 5 (answersfromthebook.org)
- Above It All… (nnyphishnet.net)
- Ten Important Virtues (echoessilencepatienceandgrace.wordpress.com)