Hey everyone! Thanks for your prayers. I am so happy to have finished this semester. I am one class away from graduating with my undergraduate degree, a B.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies. I am now entering a new season which I am excited for. I desire to serve my local church more now that I’ll have more time and just work wherever God would place me at. I thank God for his grace in my life!
We will be continuing on in J.I. Packer’s Concise Theology hopefully tomorrow. I’m looking forward to that!
So I bought two books today which are books full of quotations. I love all kinds of books, I am definitely a book junkie. I am reminded of the quote,
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”
I’m learning, so it is good right? Quotation books are not meant to be read from cover to cover but I always like skimming through them on topics of interest and seeing what comments people have made on those topics.
So I’m leading a Bible study tonight and the topic is spreading God’s Kingdom so I found this quote in the “evangelism” section which I will share,
Come away, my dear brethren, fly, fly, fly, for your lives to Jesus Christ; fly to a bleeding God, fly to a throne of grace; and beg of God to break your heart; beg of God to convince you of your actual sins; beg of God to convince you of your original sin; beg of God to convince you of your self-righteousness; beg of God to give you faith, and enable you to close with Jesus Christ.
“A Sermon, Preached on Sabbath Morning” (1741)
My desire is that I would be a bold evangelistic follower of Christ. I am a ambassador for Christ and what an honor and privilege that is!
“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”2 Corinthians 5:20 ESV
We are ambassadors for Christ- We execute the function of ambassadors in Christ’s stead. He came from the Father to mankind on this important embassy. He has left the world, and appointed us in his place.
Ambassador is a person sent from one sovereign power to another; and is supposed to represent the person of the sovereign by whom he is deputed. Christ while on earth represented the person of the Sovereign of the world; his apostles and their successors represent the person of Christ. Christ declared the will of the Father to mankind; apostles, etc., declare the will of Christ to the world. We are ambassadors for Christ.
God making his appeal through us- What we say to you we say on the authority of God; our entreaties are his entreaties; our warm love to you, a faint reflection of his infinite love; we pray you to return to God, it is his will that you should do so; we promise you remission of sins, we are authorized to do so by God himself. In Christ’s stead we pray you to lay aside your enmity and be reconciled to God; i.e. accept pardon, peace, holiness, and heaven; which are all procured for you by his blood, and offered to you on his own authority.
“What unparalleled condescension and divinely tender mercies are displayed in this verse! Did the judge ever plead a condemned criminal to accept of pardon? Does the creditor ever plead a ruined debtor to receive an pardon in full? Yet our almighty Lord, and our eternal Judge, not only grants to offer these blessings, but invites us, entreats us, and with the most tender importunity solicits us not to reject them.” The Rev. J. Wesley’s notes.
This sentiment is farther expressed in the following beautiful poetic version of this place, by the Rev. Charles Wesley:
Hymn:GOD, the offended God most high,
1 GOD, the offended God most high,
Ambassadors to rebels sends;
His messengers his place supply,
And Jesus begs us to be friends.
2 Us, in the stead of Christ, they pray,
Us, in the stead of God, intreat,
To cast our arms, our sins, away,
And find forgiveness at his feet.
3 Our God in Christ! thine embassy,
And proffered mercy, we embrace;
And gladly reconciled to thee,
Thy condescending goodness praise.
4 Poor debtors, by our Lord’s request
A full acquittance we receive!
And criminals, with pardon blest,
We, at our Judge’s instance, live!
Rejoice, the gospel is amazing!
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- Galatians 1:1-24, 2:1-21, 3:1-29, 4:1-31 (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Jesus in the NT :: 2nd Corinthians (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- New Creation Realities – Part 6 of 15 (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ, And Him Crucified (the1stfollower.com)
- NOSAS Scriptures, section #5 (woodystonedotcom.wordpress.com)
- Jesus in the NT :: Galatians (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- ^UR- “I am crucified with Christ.” – – G (rosary2007.wordpress.com)
- Justification Not of Christ Alone (5ptsalt.com)
- Tozer Devotional-Boldly Christ’s (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- And Now for Some Good News! (lindalouclifton.com)
- Only Ten Days Left Until Our MASSIVE Christmas Giveaway!! (And A Free Excerpt To Whet Your Appetite!!) (thelightheartedcalvinist.com)
- The hope of surrender (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- New Creation Realities – 8 of 15 (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Ambassadors For Christ – By: Mafe Rodriguez (livesharp.org)
- New Creation Realities – Part 9 – 15 (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Says About Being More Than a Conqueror (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About Our Warfare (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Jesus in the NT :: 1st Corinthians (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Grow in Your relationship with Jesus Christ (gospelbondservant.com)
- New Creation Realities – Part 7 of 15 (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Attracting the Wrong Spirits (lloydacarringtonjr.wordpress.com)
- Fox news Boots Atheist Off His Show For ‘Denigrating The Name Of Jesus Christ’ (doctore0.wordpress.com)
- LDS church releases short films about the life of Jesus Christ ()
- Colossians 1:1-29, 2:1-23, 3:1-25, 4:1-18 (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- The Immaculate Conception (littleflowerym.com)
- Today’s Meeting (frombrokentobeautiful.wordpress.com)