Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one [Jesus] in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.
2 Timothy 1:12 NLT
God guards all that we entrust to Him!
For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything He[God] does.
Psalm 33:4 NLT
Everything God does is worthy of trust!
I know the one in whom I trust- A spiritual knowledge of Christ is necessary to have faith in him (to trust Him): an unknown Christ cannot be the object of faith, though an unseen Christ, as to bodily sight, may be, and is. Knowledge and faith go together: they that truly know Christ, believe in him, and the more they know him, the more strongly do they believe in him. Such who spiritually and savingly know Christ, have seen the glories of his person, and the fulness of his grace. They approve of him, as their Saviour, being every way suitable to them, and disapprove of all others. They love him above all others, and with all their hearts. They put their trust in Him (Jesus), and trust Him (Jesus) with all they have. They know whom they trust, what an able, willing, suitable, and complete Saviour He is. This knowledge which they have of him, is not from themselves, but from the Father, who reveals him to them, and in them; and from himself, who gives them an understanding that they may know him; and from the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: and be it more or less, it is practical, and leads to the discharge of duty, from a principle of love for Christ; and is of a soul humbling nature, and appropriates Christ to a man’s self; and has always some degree of certainty in it; and though it is imperfect, it is progressive; and the least measure of it is saving, and has eternal life connected with it: and that faith which accompanies it, and terminates on the object known, is the grace, by which a man sees Christ in the riches of his grace; goes to him in a sense of need of him; lays hold upon him as a Saviour; receives and embraces him; commits it’s all unto him; trusts him with all; leans and lives upon him, and walks on in him till it receives the end of faith, even eternal salvation.
For the word of the LORD holds true- The command; the law; the promise of God. Whatever he “says” is right; or, is true. It is worthy of universal belief; and should, therefore, be a reason for praise. The fact that God says a thing is the highest proof that it is true.
And we can trust everything he does.- Or rather, “in faithfulness.” That is, All that he does is executed faithfully. He does all that he promises, and all that he does is such as to claim universal confidence. Whatever he does is, from the very fact that He does it, worthy of the confidence of all his creatures. None, however they may be affected by what he does, have any reason to doubt that it is perfectly right. God is the only Being of whom we have any knowledge, concerning whom we can feel this certain assurance.
I pray that you would trust Jesus in whatever situation you find yourself in and that your faith would grow as you believe what God’s word says.
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- Finding God’s Will For Our Lives Part # 4 (ptl2010.com)
- Trials and Tribulations (kevinnunez.org)
- Growing in Grace (kevinnunez.org)
- How the Dead Come to Life (ptl2010.com)
- NOSAS Intro., sections1-6 (woodystonedotcom.wordpress.com)
- God’s Faithfulness in Our Temptations (agoldentreasury.com)
- The resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the dead changes everything (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Word of faith which we preach (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- One and the Same (strawhutembassy.wordpress.com)
- Are You A Distinguishable Christian? (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Waiting on the Lord (brotherjonathandevotion.wordpress.com)
- Grace and Grace Alone (godsgracegodsglory.wordpress.com)
- Great Sinner, Great Savior, & Glorious God (kevinnunez.org)
- Signs of the Times (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- We Confess Christ (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- Trust in the LORD (kevinnunez.org)
- A Psalm for the Ages! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- You Know Better Than I (2doveseyes.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 73-76 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Looking to the One who Suffers (somewhereintension.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday, March 21, 2012 @ Psalms 33-35 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Teach Me Your Way, O LORD Psalm 86 (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- To Rest is a Requisite (xirlleelang.wordpress.com)
- Devotion for January 29 (LCMS Daily Lectionary) (adventchristmasepiphany.wordpress.com)