My Soul Waits
Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
Psalm 130:5 ESV
I wait for the Lord,…. For his gracious presence and the light of his countenance, being in darkness, as well as in the deep; for his salvation and deliverance out of the depths of distress; for an answer of prayer, having cried unto him for application of pardoning grace he had some view and hopes of; and for the performance of promises the Lord had made to him; and for eternal glory and happiness: all which are to be patiently and quietly waited for, God having his set time to do them; and may be confidently expected, since he is gracious and merciful, wise and powerful, faithful and immutable. David might also be waiting for the coming of Christ, as all the Old Testament saints did; through whom all the above are enjoyed;
my soul waits; which shows that this was not mere bodily service or waiting upon God and for him in an external way; but expresses the intenseness of his mind, the earnest desires of his heart after God, his affection for him, and the exercise of all other graces on him; his whole soul, and all the powers of it, were engaged in this work.
and in his word I hope: both in his essential Word the Messiah, who was the Hope of Israel as well as the Saviour of them; the object, ground, and foundation of hope, of all blessings, of grace and of glory: and in his word of promise concerning the coming of Christ, and salvation by him; concerning the pardon of sin through him, and eternal life by him; as well as in many other special and particular promises made to David, concerning himself, his family, and his kingdom. Arama and Kimchi interpret it of the promise of deliverance from captivity made to the Jews.
Waiting! Yes, patiently waiting!
Till next steps made plain shall be;
To hear, with the inner hearing,
The Voice that will call for me.
Waiting! Yes, quietly waiting!
No need for an anxious dread;
Shall He not assuredly guide me,
Who giveth me daily bread?
Waiting! Yes, hopefully waiting!
With hope that needn’t grow dim;
The Master is pledged to guide me,
And my eyes are unto Him.
Waiting! Yes, expectantly waiting!
Perhaps it may be today
The Master will quickly open
The gate to my future way.
Waiting! Yes, trustfully waiting!
I know, though I’ve waited long,
That, while He withholds His purpose,
His waiting cannot be wrong.
Waiting! Yes, waiting, Still waiting!
The Master will not be late;
He knoweth that I am waiting
For Him to unlatch the gate.
—J. D. Smith
Source: Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- Give the love you didn’t receive (thezenscribe.wordpress.com)
- Freedom (metasopher.wordpress.com)
- The Time has Come for this Taupe Top (expressthrudress.wordpress.com)
- Daily IN-spiration * * * May 6th (revsandy.wordpress.com)
- Modern Mother Goose-On The Loose # 766 (meinrhyme.wordpress.com)
- Waiting Expectantly… (trishborgdorff.wordpress.com)
- Waiting for Daffodils (onemorestraw.wordpress.com)
- To wait or not to wait (crimsonshadows.wordpress.com)
- Our presence affects others….all of the time (thinkingroomcoach.wordpress.com)
- 9/11 attack mastermind on trial – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)
- Slow Me Down (Video) (prideinmadness.wordpress.com)
- Obama: Focus On The Next 4 Years, Not The Last Ones – NPR (npr.org)
- 2 Bodies Found At Adam Mayes’ Residence During Search For Jo Ann Bain And … – Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mayweather shines in test from Cotto – ESPN (espn.go.com)
- France votes in presidential runoff – CNN (cnn.com)
- Speak, O Lord (kevinnunez.org)
- Psalm 130 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Sermon: The Resurrection Body (bigcircumstance.com)
- Salvation (patriciafayreece.com)
- Soulful Delight! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- A Man After God’s Own Heart (pastorderick.com)
- Hope Redeemed (csahm.com)
- Something new – About Fishn4Souls – ME (fishn4souls.wordpress.com)
- The Proper Response To God’s Grace (byhisgrace211.wordpress.com)
- Pressed Out (kevinnunez.org)