The LORD is Near to the Brokenhearted
Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
You need not cry very loud; he is nearer to us than we think.
-Brother Lawrence (c.1614-1691), author, The Practice of the Presence of God
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 ESV.
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted,…. Who are pressed and bore down with afflictions, by the sorrow of heart under which their spirits are broken,
A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.
Proverbs 15:13 ESV
or with a sense of sin, and sorrow for it, for which their hearts feels, and they are wounded by it, and broken with it: to these the Lord is “near”; not in a general way only, as he is to all men, being God omnipresent, but in a special manner; he comes and manifests himself to them in a gracious way, pours his love, and binds up their broken hearts; yeah, comes and dwells with them: he does not pass by them and ignore them, much less make the gap worse; he does not break the bruised reeds, but he heals their breaches;
and saves the crushed in spirit.- In an evangelical way; who are humbled under a sense of sin, and melted down in true repentance, under a view of the love and grace of God; and are poor in their own eyes: to these the Lord has compassion; the sacrifices of a broken and crushed spirit are not despised by him, but accepted through faith in Christ; and such he saves with an everlasting salvation in Him.
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- A Broken And Contrite Heart God Will Not Despise (andykalan.wordpress.com)
- Compassionate God :: Heart to heart (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- God No Longer Counts your Sin against You (thoughtsonscripture.com)
- Do You Have the Holy Spirit? (noblenarcissist.wordpress.com)
- Heart (joyousbells.wordpress.com)
- Ten Steps to Heaven on Earth (newheavenonearth.wordpress.com)
- My Psalm (threadbareblossom.wordpress.com)
- For the Crushed and Dejected Heart…. (heartofabigail.com)
- Why God? Why? (aroadtohome.wordpress.com)
- Sacrifice Or Sin? (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)