A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. God bless all the women and men who have served in the past and who are serving in the present.
“Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.”
What makes a person a hero?
“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.”
The ultimate hero is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13 ESV
Greater love has no one than this, – No higher expression of love could be given. Life is the most valuable object we possess; and when a man is willing to lay that down for his friends or his country, it shows the utmost extent of love. Even this love for friends has been rarely witnessed. It greatly enhances the love of Christ, that while the instances of those who have been willing to die for friends have been so rare, he was willing to die for enemies – bitter foes, who rejected his reign, persecuted him, reviled him, scorned him, and sought his life, 1 John 4:10; Romans 5:6, Romans 5:10. It also shows us the extent of his love that he gave himself up, not to common sufferings, but to the most bitter, painful, and protracted sorrows, not for himself, not for friends, but for a thoughtless and unbelieving world.
“O Lamb of God, was ever pain was ever love like thine!”
God bless you all!
Source: Barnes’ Notes on the Bible
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- Memorial Day (mommystolethesugar.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day Tribute – 2012 (thesalvationtimes.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day Tributes and Observances (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Yoga Practice for Memorial Day (kharmabellayoga.wordpress.com)
- Red, White and Blue, Are You Wearing it Too? #MemorialDay #Fashion (raisingthreesavvyladies.com)
- Happy Memorial Day (seattlepi.com)
- An Ode to Memorial Day… (a salute to our troops) Part II (chatonsworld.blogspot.com)
- My Memorial Day Hero (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day 2012 (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Memorial Day Invocation (beardedhac.wordpress.com)