GROWING IN GRACE
Hey everyone! How are you? I hope all is well!
Today I want to briefly discuss the process of growing in grace. The question we must ask ourselves is, “Am I growing in grace of God?” What does it mean to grow in the grace of God well let’s continue reading…
When I speak of a person growing in grace. I mean simply this– that his sense of sin is becoming deeper, his faith stronger, his hope brighter, his love more extensive, and his spiritual mindedness more marked.
— J.C. Ryle (1816-1900), Anglican bishop, Liverpool
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.2 Peter 3:18 ESV
But grow in grace – Increase in the image and favor of God; every grace and Divine influence which you have received is a seed, a heavenly seed, which, if it be watered with the dew of heaven from above, will endlessly increase and multiply itself.
He who continues to believe, love, and obey, will grow in grace, and continually increase in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, as his sacrifice, sanctifier, counsellor, preserver, and final Savior.
The life of a Christian is a growth; he is at first born of God, and is a little child; becomes a young man, and a father in Christ. Every father was once an infant; and had he not grown, he would have never been a man.
Those who content themselves with the grace they received when converted to God, are, at best, in a continual state of infancy: but we find, in the order of nature, that the infant that does not grow, and grow daily, too, is sickly and soon dies; so, in the order of grace, those who do not grow up into Jesus Christ are sickly, and will soon die, die to all sense and influence of heavenly things.
There are many who boast of the grace of their conversion; persons who were never more than babes, and have long since lost even that grace, because they did not grow in it. Let him that readeth understand.
To know the Lord Jesus Christ – to possess just views of his person, character, and work – is the sum and essence of the Christian religion; and with this injunction, therefore, the apostle appropriately closes this epistle.
He who has a saving knowledge of Christ, has in tact all that is essential to his welfare in the life that is, and in that which is to come; he who has not this knowledge, though he may be distinguished in the learning of the schools, and may be profoundly skilled in the sciences, has in reality no knowledge that will avail him in the great matters pertaining to his eternal welfare.
That we may avoid being led away, we must seek to grow in all grace, in faith, and virtue, and knowledge. Labour to know Christ more clearly, and more fully; to know him so as to be more like him, and to love him better.
This is the knowledge of Christ, which the apostle Paul reached after, and desired to attain; and those who taste this effect of the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, will, upon receiving such grace from him, give thanks and praise him, and join in ascribing glory to him now, in the full assurance of doing the same hereafter, for ever.
Always, for God’s glory and our joy in Him!
- Bearded Gospel Men: J.C. Ryle (istorieevanghelica.ro)
- 09 How to Obtain Godliness (sabbathsermons.com)
- Galatians 2:20 (gracegalatians.wordpress.com)
- Gardening: An Instrument of Grace… (ptl2010.com)
- Extending Grace to … Me! (juliesunne.com)
- Still Will I Trust in the Lord (hehathsaid.wordpress.com)
- ^UR- “Grow in grace, and in the knowledg (rosary2007.wordpress.com)
- Grace Revealed (elderscorner.wordpress.com)
- Grace by Michael W Smith (wambuimuchaba.wordpress.com)
- The Plea of Jesus: Come Unto Me! ” J.C. Ryle Quotes (rescuedbyhim.wordpress.com)
- Nahum Chapter One Part 2 of 9 (biblegems.wordpress.com)
- Who Is Jesus Christ To You? (josephyoo.com)
- I AM the God of eternal encouragement and good hope 2 Thess 3: 13-17 (whoareyoulord.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Absolved Only Through the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Can You Hear Me Now? (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- Scripture (brakeman1.com)
- “Salvation” is by Grace – Not Works! (writenwodexpress.com)
- Wonderful Grace! (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Amazing Grace (scripturenuggets.wordpress.com)
- Daniel and Your Future (himafrica.com)
- What’s The Big Deal? I Mean You Have A Blog About It! (gracefullwomen.com)
- Grace is Free and So are You. (god-still-speaks.com)